Once you have received your flowers, the way you treat them will determine how long they will last for.
A good florist will include some written care details and a sachet of flower food, but there are other things you need to know to get the best out of your flowers.
Our 6 Top Tips to make sure your flowers last longer:
- Make sure the vase is clean
- Fill the vase with luke warm water and the flower food (usually provided by florist with the flowers)
- Cut at least 3cm off the bottom of the stem at an angle with a sharp knife
- Strip off all of the leaves below water level
- Avoid placing flowers in direct sunlight, in heat, in a draught or near fresh fruit
- Top up water as necessary
Your flowers should last longer if you follow our helpful tips. If you aren't happy with your flowers, don't hesitate to contact the florist who supplied them to you.
- Modern Flower Arranging
- Flower Care
- Flower Meanings
- Flower Horoscope
- What flowers to send for Christmas
- Writing a winning Valentine's flowers card
- Significance of 12 Red Roses
- The Best Anonymous Valentine's Gifts to Give
- Valentine's Day Flowers
- Tips for Flower Arranging
- Buy From Florists Safely
- Get Flowers Delivered On The Right Day
- Our love affair with roses
- Buying Flowers Online Rather Than By Phone
- Send Fairtrade Flowers
- Mother's Day Flowers
- Compare Online Florists
- Cheap Flowers
- Send Flowers Online to Someone You Love
- Wedding Flowers
- Chelsea Flower Show
- Send Flowers or Send a Balloon?
- When we send flowers, where do they come from?
- The Difference Between An Arrangement And A Bouquet