There is a famous quote by John Ruskin who was talking about value:
"It is unwise to pay too much, but it's unwise to pay too little. When you pay too much you lose a little money, that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing you bought it to do."
Everyone wants to get the best value for money, but at Send Some Flowers we agree with Mr Ruskin, and think buying cheap flowers can be more trouble than it's worth, and would always recommend buying good quality flowers.
My Mum used to say "You buy cheap you buy twice", implying that if you buy something cheap, it only lasts half as long as something that would have cost a bit more. Longevity is only part of the equation when it comes to buying flowers online.
If you're buying flowers as a gift, you don't want the quality of the gift to reflect badly on you.
Cheap flowers won't last as long, they might arrive poorly presented, there might not be very many of them, and they might not have the scent you'd expect.
We'd recommend comparing flowers from many online florists, and using voucher codes to get a discount, but don't always go for the cheapest flowers, in the end you might lose more than you bargained for.
- Modern Flower Arranging
- Flower Care
- Flower Meanings
- Flower Horoscope
- What flowers to send for Christmas
- Writing a winning Valentine's flowers card
- Significance of 12 Red Roses
- The Best Anonymous Valentine's Gifts to Give
- Valentine's Day Flowers
- Tips for Flower Arranging
- Buy From Florists Safely
- Get Flowers Delivered On The Right Day
- Our love affair with roses
- Buying Flowers Online Rather Than By Phone
- Send Fairtrade Flowers
- Mother's Day Flowers
- Compare Online Florists
- Cheap Flowers
- Send Flowers Online to Someone You Love
- Wedding Flowers
- Chelsea Flower Show
- Send Flowers or Send a Balloon?
- When we send flowers, where do they come from?
- The Difference Between An Arrangement And A Bouquet